Our most up to date information on current market developments and happenings can be found here:
Kansas City FAQ
What are Kansas City’s demographics?
- 62% of homes are single family detached houses
- Average age of residents being 35 years old
- Cost of living is 20% lower than US average
- Cost of housing is 20% lower than US average
- 38.6% of the population are renters
What are Kansas City’s growth trends in real estate?
- Real Estate in the area appreciated by 0.95% last quarter, which equates to 3.8% annually.
- Money Magazine ranked 3 of the metro area’s cities in the top 30 places to live.
- Historically, KC offers real estate stability and predictability and hasn’t suffered greatly from property value depreciation or appreciation. KC is not likely to suffer from “big growth” that happens coastally, but has a proven track record of steady 5% growth year on year. As a result, sustainably high cash flows can be achieved by investors who are looking to capitalize on a long term investment strategy.
What is Kansas City’s business environment?
- Major auto assembly plant (Ford & GM)
- Major data processing firm (DST)
- Companies with headquarters locally; TMobile, Hallmark, H&R Block, AMC theatres, Levi, Applebees, Russel Stovers, etc.
- Huge healthcare software company (Cerner)
What are KC’s major new developments?
New and Upcoming Growth and Developments:
- KC Power & Light District-$850 million entertainment district opened 2005
- Sprint Center- arena in the heart of the center opened 2007
- Google selected KC as its first location for Google Fiber 2013
- KC Streetcar (transit system) opened in 2015: $100 million development
- KC already known as the “Paris of the Plains” additionally became the “Silicon Prairie” due to the surge of startups moving to the city
What colleges and universities are in the area?
Colleges & Universities in and around Downtown:
- KU Med
- KC Art Institute
- Rockhurst University
- Avila University
- Park University
- KCK Community College
- Grantham University
- Calvary Bible College
What are the hospitals close to downtown Kansas City?
Hospitals in & around Downtown
- Children’s Mercy
- Research Medical Center
- Saint Lukes
- St. Joseph Medical Center
- Truman Medical Center