SCUDO is employed by the owner of the property. The Property Management Agreement authorizes SCUDO to act as Agent for the owner with all and any specific management and fiduciary duties contained therein. SCUDO and its agents are agents of and for the owner and are not representing residents as resident’s agents.
We do not pre-screen Applications. Applicants are required to pre-screen themselves with the following criteria and will need to meet the requirements below. We encourage you to apply if you meet the below criteria. Before you apply for a home, read the following information concerning the approval process.
***Multiple Applications May Be Reviewed in Choosing an Applicant***
Errors & Omissions: Every effort has been made to provide applicants with reliable and accurate information regarding the home you are applying for – however, changes can and do take place to cause inaccurate information to be accidentally presented. We encourage all tenants to verify schools, allowable pets, expected features, or any HOA concerns prior to signing a lease agreement. Any information posted in advertisement does NOT constitute a written agreement or guarantee of the facts stated.
- Applications will only be processed if they are complete and all supporting documentation has been provided.
- Separate applications must be filled out for each occupant 18 years of age or older
- Each application must be accompanied by a $50.00 non-refundable application fee which should be paid online upon submission
- To qualify the household must have a verifiable gross income equal to or greater than 3 times the monthly rent AND a Debt To Income ratio “DTI” (including monthly rent) of no more than 50%.
- Exceptions for compensating factors such as strong employment history, reserves, additional security deposit, or pre-paid rent may be made on a per application basis. The following are required with your application:
- 2 most recent paystubs
- If Self Employed, last 2 Years Tax Returns (Business & Personal)
- Copy of Valid Government Issued Photo ID
- NOTE: If other income is used for qualification purposes such as but not limited to; Investments, Pension, Social Security, Retirement, Alimony, Child Support, Maintenance, etc, supporting documentation such as account statements, divorce decrees or court orders must be provided.
- To qualify, residents must have a minimum credit score of 615*
- A security deposit is not collected if the application is denied
- The standard security deposit is equal to a minimum of one month of rent and is required within 24 hours of lease signing, and within 48 hours of approval
- Please note, we will consider all properties “available for lease” until we have a fully executed lease agreement and security deposit
- The security deposit is not considered rent, nor does it apply towards the rent at the first or the last month of the lease
- Every single applicant must complete a pet screening, even if you do not have a pet: https://scudo.petscreening.com/ many of our homes are pet friendly. Additional fees and pet rent may be required for pets.
- All monies due must be collected prior to move-in unless otherwise agreed to in writing
- SCUDO does not discriminate in the rental, lease, or negotiation for real property based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, or handicap and shall comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning discrimination.
- SCUDO and the Owners reserve the right to deny an applicant based on management or owner discretion so long as it is for a non-discriminatory reason.
- Utilize our ABSOLUTELY FREE TO YOU utility concierge, whether you’re moving into a SCUDO property, or any future property! Simply click this link, input your info and your FREE concierge will handle all utility, cable and internet set up on your behalf!: http://myfreeconnection.com/scudore/
IN ADDITION TO THE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE, YOUR APPLICATION IS SUBJECT TO DENIAL IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING HAVE HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE PAST:
- Felony Conviction
- Registered sex offender or persons requiring to be registered as a sex offender
- Unpaid debt or collection from a bank, lender, collection agency, previous property owner, manager, or landlord type agency as reported on applicant’s credit bureaus or otherwise disclosed.
We offer a security deposit free option for Well Qualified Applicants. SCUDO is the first property management company in the Kansas City Metro to offer this program. SCUDO gives approved applicants an opportunity to reduce up front expenses at move-in. The standard security deposit is one month’s rent. In this program, an approved applicant has the OPTION to apply for our security deposit free option. This is an OPTIONAL program. Should you be approved by SCUDO to apply, you will be provided with detailed information about the associated fees and process.