Kansas City FAQ
What are Kansas City’s demographics?
- 62% of homes are single family detached houses
- Average age of residents being 35 years old
- Cost of living is 20% lower than US average
- Cost of housing is 20% lower than US average
- 38.6% of the population are renters
What are Kansas City’s growth trends in real estate?
- Real Estate in the area appreciated by 0.95% last quarter, which equates to 3.8% annually.
- Money Magazine ranked 3 of the metro area’s cities in the top 30 places to live.
- Historically, KC offers real estate stability and predictability and hasn’t suffered greatly from property value depreciation or appreciation. KC is not likely to suffer from “big growth” that happens coastally, but has a proven track record of steady 5% growth year on year. As a result, sustainably high cash flows can be achieved by investors who are looking to capitalize on a long term investment strategy.
What is Kansas City’s business environment?
- Major auto assembly plant (Ford & GM)
- Major data processing firm (DST)
- Companies with headquarters locally; TMobile, Hallmark, H&R Block, AMC theatres, Levi, Applebees, Russel Stovers, etc.
- Huge healthcare software company (Cerner)
What are KC’s major new developments?
New and Upcoming Growth and Developments:
- KC Power & Light District-$850 million entertainment district opened 2005
- Sprint Center- arena in the heart of the center opened 2007
- Google selected KC as its first location for Google Fiber 2013
- KC Streetcar (transit system) opened in 2015: $100 million development
- KC already known as the “Paris of the Plains” additionally became the “Silicon Prairie” due to the surge of startups moving to the city
What colleges and universities are in the area?
Colleges & Universities in and around Downtown:
- KU Med
- KC Art Institute
- Rockhurst University
- Avila University
- Park University
- KCK Community College
- Grantham University
- Calvary Bible College
What are the hospitals close to downtown Kansas City?
Hospitals in & around Downtown
- Children’s Mercy
- Research Medical Center
- Saint Lukes
- St. Joseph Medical Center
- Truman Medical Center
The City of Fairway, incorporated in 1949, is a beautiful residential community in Northeast Johnson County. With nearly 4,000 residents and nearly 1800 homes and 100 businesses, Fairway is a small, but significant City. Located within minutes of the Country Club Plaza and Downtown Kansas City, Fairway is a very popular residential area. Read more here.
With more than 60 years of tradition, Leawood, Kansas, set in northeast Johnson County, is both a premier residential community (with excellent schools) and a prestigious business address. The City features an inviting mix of elegant established neighborhoods, new high-profile developments and distinctive office buildings. Leawood truly combines the best of historic tradition with the momentum of the contemporary. Read more here.
The City of Mission Hills is located in Northeast Johnson County, Kansas, and was envisioned in 1912 by urban planner J.C. Nichols, who developed the renowned Country Club Plaza district in Kansas City.
First-time visitors to Mission Hills can’t help noticing the fountains, statues, sculptures and urns. Some are hundreds of years old and many are museum pieces imported from abroad. You’ll see them decorating the traffic islands or adorning our roadsides. But that’s not the only thing that’ll stop you. In how many other cities would you come upon a ford crossing a creek? Or a water garden where a heron waits patiently for his dinner? This is Mission Hills. America’s first and foremost garden community. Read more here.
Overland Park is a great place to call home.
From its low crime rate and excellent schools to attractions, such as the Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead and the Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, to a strong corporate presence, Overland Park remains a nationally recognized city. Here is a snippet of the awards and honors the city has received: Read more here.
Bordering the prestigious Mission Hills neighborhood, Prairie Village is a close-knit, family friendly community in Northeast Johnson County. With adorable shops that most homes have walking access too, conveniently located parks, and fantastic schools, Prairie Village is true gem! Read more here.
Roeland Park has become the place to live for those that want to live near the city, with the comforts of a neighborhood community. With plenty of adorable bungalows and great access to all of the city’s hotspots, it’s easy to see why so many residents have made it their home. Read more here.
From the first settlers who made their way over the horizon, to the individuals who have found their lives, fun and fortunes here, people have long recognized Shawnee, Kansas as a place of new beginnings.
Although her history runs deep, everything about this thriving community continues to point forward. Opportunity is at every turn . . . for a better life, a better job, and a better education. And because Shawnee embraces and nurtures new ideas, she attracts modern pioneers looking to start big things. Wherever you are in life. Whatever your dreams. Whether you’re starting a family or raising a business, hitting your first home run or running off to your next adventure, everything you need is right here – in a place where life takes off and great things begin. Read more here.