Things To Know If You Are Renting With Plans To Purchase A Home One Day
Purchasing a home can feel overwhelming, no amount of google can tell you whether or not you are truly ready to buy. We are here to answer your questions while you determine whether or not this is the right time for you, and your personal goals. At SCUDO, we let our Clients set the pace. We support your timeline, and are here to be your resource along the way.
Contact us today to learn more, or read more about how we can help you below!:
How we can help (whether or not you are ready now):
- The first step in purchasing a home is finding out whether or not you are financially ready. If you are like the majority of Buyers, and will be financing your home, we will start by connecting you with one of our PHENOMENAL local Lenders. They will help you determine what amount makes the most sense for your financial goals, and work up different options based on that amount. Most renters start this process by telling the Lender what they’d like to pay monthly (you may be surprised to find out your mortgage payment may be less than your rent)!
- After understanding what you are qualified for with a bank, and determining whether or not this is the time to move forward, we can help you get a feel for the market you are interested in. This is one of our favorite parts! You let us know the type of home you are looking for (even if you don’t plan to buy for a few years) and we will set you up to receive daily/weekly/monthly emails, based on your preference, with the most accurate and up to date listings within your criteria. Zillow is great for preliminary research, or secondary, but no software is as accurate and up to date as the MLS.
- If you decide this is the time to buy, the fun really begins! You start sending us homes that you think meet your needs, and we schedule in-person showings at your convenience.
Once you settle on a home, and decide it is time to move forward, we help with the following:
- Submitting a winning offer that creates a win/win for both parties
- Negotiating terms
- Scheduling inspections, vendors for bids, etc
- Audit proof paperwork
- Final walk-through ensuring all inspection items were completed
- Signing final docs, and handing over the keys!
- Referrals for vendors for any items that may arise as a new homeowner
- Updated reports on your homes current market value for insurance/refinance/county appraisals, etc.
- Info on current home trends (i.e. paint colors, finishes, etc) should you decide to do any updating